Are you needing a find a great double stroller ? Looking for a double jogging stroller ? There are plenty of styles and makes to choose from. Some are of the combi or convertible type that go from stroller to car seat with one unit. We are sure you'll be able to find the best fit for your needs.
Baby strollers are an essential part of family life. They help us parents get on with what we need to do when our children can't keep up with us. They give our children as 'safe place' to retreat to when the world gets a little too big for them. For the most part baby strollers are very safe. However as with any 'tool' there are always risks and dangers. This article will give you 10 basic safety tips for using your baby stroller to make sure that it is as safe as possible for you and your children to use.
Basic Baby Stroller Safety
1) Be sure the stroller you're using is the right size for your child. Much like with a car seat, different sized kids need different sized strollers. This is not only for their comfort, but also for their safety. In the wrong size of stroller padding doesn't rest where it should on the child's body, hands can reach things they shouldn't, and weight isn't distributed properly which can make a stroller unbalanced.
2) Properly strap your child in at all times. If you start off using the belts right from the start and stick with it, you'll get no complaints from your kids. Just be sure that they are secure enough, but not too tight. The straps aren't only to keep the child from climbing out of the stroller, they also keep them from falling out if it tips severely, or hits a big rut.
3) If you are using a combo unit (car seat and stroller together), always double check to be sure that the car seat latches in properly.
Baby stroller maintenance
4) Always make sure the brake is in good working order. Regularly check all cables and pads, or latches to be sure they are working well and are free of any obstructions or dirt.
5) Be sure to check the wheels for problems and make sure that they are in good condition. This doesn't take much. Just be sure they are all working well, aren't wobbling too much and aren't wearing out.
6) OK, this may sound obvious, but always be sure all wheels are on tight. Some models of strollers - especially jogging baby strollers - have removable wheels. You need to be sure they are always secure before heading out. I once saw a woman tip her jogging stroller back to go over a curb and watched the front wheel take off down the hill after it fell off.
7) Most newer strollers come with many storage areas. Some of the largest are usually at the back. Be sure you do not overload these. It is really easy for an overloaded stroller to tip over backwards and toss your baby out!
8) Don't load heavy items on top of your child while they are in the stroller.
9) The same goes for hot drinks and such. Never leave hot drinks above your child on the stroller. The last thing your child needs is a 1/2 litre of screaming hot mocha java in the face!
10) Finally, never, ever, leave your child unattended in a stroller. This doesn't mean you have to be no more than a foot away at all times. Just be sure that either you, or another responsible adult (not child) is within easy reach at all times.
Keep these tips in mind as you go about your daily business and use your stroller. It will keep your children safer and give you more peace of mind.
No items matching your keywords were found.
Go here for more information about double strollers.
As I researched the market for these characteristics in baby travel strollers. I have found many that meet these criteria but one that stands out the most.
The overwhelming majority of baby transportation carriages available today are the stroller (U.S.) or buggy/ pushchair (U.K.) which place the child facing the direction of travel.
Yesterday was also Marin's first stroller ride! It was an unusual 54 degrees yesterday afternoon, so Marin, Norah and I went for a quick walk to the park.
You can purchase your own Shoulder Stroller for only $20! If you are expecting a child soon be sure to add this to your baby shower list.
Author: Helen Walters
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Helen_Walters